We need you!
We’ve worked with local mural artists for both of our existing buildings, first with RTL creations and Carol Mui for Weave on Boundary, then with Blessy Man and Henry Lau for Weave on Baker (see below).
In keeping with tradition, we would like to invite talented mural artists in Hong Kong to submit proposals to help us add some artistic flair to our upcoming building in Tai Kok Tsui (expected in Aug 2020).
For our exciting upcoming location – Weave on Anchor, we’re looking for an eye-catching mural that will make all heads turn. The mural will be next to our main entrance and is visible to the public.
- Dimensions: 5490 x 3228 mm (W x H – left part, facing Elm Street); 3420 x 3228 mm (right part, facing Anchor Street)
- Design brief:
- The mural is placed in an area that is accessible to the public. It will be able to draw a lot of attention of passers-by and will likely entice them to share the piece through social media. A possibility to interact with the mural would be welcome.
- We are looking for designs that incorporate local Hong Kong elements and history of the building’s location — think Anchor Street’s former life as port or industrial area, but also keep in mind that the building’s main occupants will be young professionals.
- It is an art piece, but it will also be a part of our building’s facade, so we’ll be looking for something that is in line with our brand image (feel free to check out our Instagram for reference). As a general guideline, vibrant pastel colours over black & white; positive uplifting over aggressive confrontational.
- Weave on Anchor – Tai Kok Tsui
- A buzzing area with lots of foot traffic in the centre of Tai Kok Tsui
- Corner of Elm Street and Anchor Street
- Mural artists that are based in Hong Kong or have strong Hong Kong ties.
- Submission deadline: end of day 27 March 2020
- The mural is expected to be created during the month of July 2020, exact date to be confirmed pending construction progress. The project will be time sensitive as the building’s opening is scheduled in Aug.
- Interested parties please send to [email protected] the following with the subject title “Weave on Anchor Mural Submission”:
- a rough design proposal of your design;
- a short description of why you think Weave and you would be a good fit;
- a portfolio of past work for reference;
- a quotation for the proposed design.
- No additional pitching fee.
- All applications will receive a response on the result whether we will work with them or not.