Last updated: 8 August 2019
Asia Co-Living HK Limited (“Asia Co-Living”, “we” “us”, “our”) respects your data privacy. We act in accordance with applicable data privacy laws when collecting and using personal information provided to us, or which we have obtained from your visits to our websites www.weavecoliving.com and use of our online services (the “Site”).
Your Data may be collected by us on a voluntary basis when you visit our Site, attend our events, use our services, register or communicate with us.
The categories of Data that we may collect, process and use will include:-
- your personal information, contact details such as your name, gender, age, phone number, fax number, correspondence address and email address;
- your credit card, mobile payment and other payment details;
- your interests, preferences, opinions and feedback;
- your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us;
- information collected through the use of closed-circuit television systems and security systems;
- details of your visits to our Site and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology including information that you look at. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available online, including your social media profiles; and
- any information necessary to fulfil special requests.
Use of Data
We will only use your Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- process, confirm, provide and charge for your stay and our goods and services, and administer mobile (where applicable) and in person check in and check out;
- fulfil contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of maintaining housekeeping, maintenance issues and other third party service providers;
- provide you with access to the content on our Site, and respond to your enquiries and requests for information and services;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to facilitate direct marketing, promotional and customer management purposes, including sending you promotional communications, publications, invitations and such like as you may select, request or as we may consider to be relevant to you; and
- for registration or enrolment of events.
For our legitimate commercial interests, in order to:
- understand how our products and services impact you, provide you with a better, more personalised level of service, and further develop our products and services, including linking or combining with information we get from others to do so;
- provide privileges, benefits and services to you, process applications, verify and validate your ability to access and use certain products, services and information;
- monitor your use of our Site and your reservations, and conduct analysis of the use of our Site in order to operate, evaluate and improve our Site and our services, understand your preferences, display customised content to you on our Site which may be of interest to you and troubleshoot any problems;
- conduct market analysis, market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys to improve our services; and
- provide for the safety and security of all residents.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the appropriate boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise that right at any time. Please see the section headed “How to Contact Us” below.
Data Transferring and Sharing
Your Data will be transferred to and stored at confidential locations. It will also be accessed and processed by our personnel and the personnel of our partners, affiliates and third-party service providers. Your Data will only be transferred to locations outside of Hong Kong where we are satisfied that adequate or comparable levels of protection are in place to protect personal data held in that jurisdiction, and (where we are required to do so) with your consent.
We may also share your Data:
- between and among a limited number of our affiliates as are relevant for the above use and to facilitate the operation of our business, but we shall only do so on a need to know basis;
- with third-party payment processors, payment service providers, IT and marketing support service providers and other consultants, vendors and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or provide services on our behalf or who help us to provide the Site to you;
- with anyone involved in the process of maintaining housekeeping, maintenance issues and other third party service providers in order to fulfil contractual obligations;
- with any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies (in whatever jurisdiction), or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Asia Co-Living, our affiliates or others;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or any change of management of the properties;
- with our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- with any other party at your consent or at your direction; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information remains confidential and have put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. To protect your Data, we also require our third party service providers to take reasonable precautions to keep your Data confidential and to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of your Data and to act all times in compliance with applicable laws.
We have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of Personal Data
Our retention period for Data are based on our business needs and the applicable legal requirements. Where Data is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the Data (in which case we may further retain and use the anonymized data) or securely destroy the Data.
If you believe the information we hold is inaccurate or no longer current, please contact us so that we can remove or correct the information as appropriate.
If you wish to exercise your data privacy rights, make a complaint, ask a question or make a request, please see the section headed “How to Contact Us” below.
Unless you notify us in writing, your consent to receiving direct marking communication or more generally to our processing of your Data will be deemed given to us. You may withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications, or to our processing of your Data, at any time, and you may in certain circumstances ask us to delete your Data. However, we may not be able to continue providing services to you if you entirely withdraw your consent or ask us to delete your Data entirely.
How to Contact Us
You may contact our privacy team directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post 23/F, H Code, 45 Pottinger Street, Central, Hong Kong.